BIRTH DOULA SERVICES & LABOR SUPPORT CLASS
At Ann Arbor Doulas we work for each individual family, rather than for the hospital or birth center. We provide professional, experienced, non-medical birth doula support to each family as they navigate the path towards the birth of their baby. Most families interview doulas early in their second trimester, however it is almost never too early or too late to establish your relationship with your birth doula.
- Labors are shorter.
- There are fewer complications.
- Cesarean rates are reduced.
- Women request less pain medication and epidurals.
BENEFITS FOR PARENTS
- Greater satisfaction with their birth experience.
- More positive assessments of their babies.
BENEFITS FOR BABY
- Babies have shorter hospital stays with fewer admissions to special care nurseries.
- Babies breastfeed more easily.
- Mothers are more affectionate to their babies postpartum.
Your Doula Care Includes:
✓A minimum of two prenatal visits.
✓Assistance in writing your wish list.
✓Telephone and e-mail support.
✓Labor support at the hospital.
✓A minimum of two postpartum visits.
✓24 hour on-call assistance.
✓Providing resources and/or referrals.
Please reach out to schedule a free consultation with Ann Arbor Doulas and to inquire about the fee for doula services:
“I was referred by a friend — you have to trust your friends, right? Even my husband says that he couldn’t have imagined having to go through the whole birthing process without a doula. I completely agree!
Stephanie was patient and knowledgeable when she helped create my birth plan, and she was the total hero in the hospital when my 28+ hour labor ended in a cesarean. She kept my husband as calm as she could and was quick to remind us of our options. She totally went above and beyond.
- Michelle Itkin-Metzger, 8/10/2016
Birth Doula Resources
>> Check out our blog post on How to Choose a Doula
>> Here are our top tips for families giving birth in the Ann Arbor area