BIRTH DOULA SERVICES
At Ann Arbor Doulas we work for each individual family, rather than for the hospital or birth center. We provide professional, experienced, non-medical birth doula support to each family as they navigate the path towards the birth of their baby. Most families interview doulas early in their second trimester, however it is almost never too early or too late to establish your relationship with your birth doula.
- Labors are shorter.
- There are fewer complications.
- Cesarean rates are reduced.
- Women request less pain medication and epidurals.
BENEFITS FOR PARENTS
- Greater satisfaction with their birth experience.
- More positive assessments of their babies.
BENEFITS FOR BABY
- Babies have shorter hospital stays with fewer admissions to special care nurseries.
- Babies breastfeed more easily.
- Mothers are more affectionate to their babies postpartum.
Your Doula Care Includes:
✓One prenatal visit.
✓Assistance in writing your wish list.
✓Telephone and e-mail support.
✓Labor support at the hospital.
✓A minimum of two postpartum visits.
✓24 hour on-call assistance.
✓Providing resources and/or referrals.
Investment for birth doula services:
Repeat Package – $1200
Traditional Package – $1400
Traditional plus 40 hours Postpartum – $2620
“I was referred by a friend — you have to trust your friends, right? Even my husband says that he couldn’t have imagined having to go through the whole birthing process without a doula. I completely agree!
Stephanie was patient and knowledgeable when she helped create my birth plan, and she was the total hero in the hospital when my 28+ hour labor ended in a cesarean. She kept my husband as calm as she could and was quick to remind us of our options. She totally went above and beyond.
– Michelle Itkin-Metzger, 8/10/2016